Follow Me

4/4/10

Happy Easter

This year I noticed a lot more talk about easter eggs, baskets, and chocolate bunnies instead of the true meaning behind Easter. The Resurrection of Christ.

I don't go to church out here in Lemoore, but occasionally I stream my church back home, The Fountain of Praise. Pastor Remus E. Wright's topic today was "New Life Set Free." With the Resurrection of Christ everything that seems impossible is suddenly possible. Jesus died for ALL of our sins and then rose again and all you have to do is believe. Every mistake, every error we have all made is forgiven and we have New Life as long as we believe.

Everyone who knows me personally knows that I have always had serious issues with my spirituality and religion. I grew up in a very disturbing home where my father was abusive and a preacher and even sometimes our pastor. I couldn't comprehend how God could be so wonderful yet let the man who is telling me how wonderful the Lord is come home after church and slap my mother. I prayed for change every day. I tithed the way my mother showed me and still  no change. So after awhile I began to doubt if there was a God. "Resurrection lets us know that our doubts are not our defeats" - Pastor Remus E. Wright. Without Resurrection life is horrid. It's unmanageable, unbelievable, and hopeless. Jesus' Resurrection lays all doubts and fears to rest because we now have "new life set free." See my father was abusive, but I made it. My mother made it. I have a husband and two beautiful children. I survived being a single mother. I survived suicide attempts. I survived everything the devil has thrown at me. I survived because I am covered with the blood of the lamb (Jesus Christ).

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 Don't forget the true meaning of easter today as you celebrate it the way it's been commercialized. Happy Easter

♥ SailorWifey

2 comments:

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I am glad you find comfort in your Christian belief, and there are many who don't share it but enjoy the pagan part of the holiday (myself included). Hence the talk of bunnies, eggs and baskets. Happy Easter to you, I hope your day is wonderful!

SailorWifey said...

I understand that everyone doesn't share the same beliefs as me. I also respect everyone's right to believe different than me...that's the beauty of the country I live in. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and comment in spite of our differences of opinion. I hope your day is filled with joy as well.

♥ SailorWifey